**H-I-T** [Interpenetration] Bryan Eubanks & Xavier Lopez / borel.roth am 1.12. im Forum Stadtpark bei Interpenetration

chmafu nocords chmafu at nocords.net
Fr Nov 29 09:43:36 CET 2013

 chmafu nocords (http://nocords.net) newsletters
 Interpenetration
 Konzertreihe (http://interpenetration.net)01.12.2013

 Bryan Eubanks & Xavier Lopez
 borel.roth

 Forum Stadtpark
 Stadtpark 1
 8010 Graz
 20:00
 EUR 2-6

 Aktuelle Informationen und Videos: http://interpenetration.net

 Der durchschnittlich ungebildete erdenbürger denkt bei "Saxophon" an
schwülstige schmusemusik, Adolphe Sax und blechblasinstrument. Dass
er und sie damit nicht immer ins Schwarze trifft, versteht sich von
selbst. Xavier Lopez zum beispiel spielt ppooll am laptop. Trotzdem
wird der Sonntag abend zeigen, dass sich das Saxophon seit Charlie
Parker weiterentwickelt hat. Saxy, saxy!
 又ね
 愛

 Bryan Eubanks & Xavier Lopez
Bryan Eubanks, soprano saxophone/devices
 Xavier Lopez, laptop (ppooll)

“The timbre of the soprano saxophone combines with sine waves to
produce a rich and shifting spectrum of frequencies from which Xavier
Lopez and Bryan Eubanks carve out their music. The
addition of digital
noise and a live feedback device from one of the two musicians can
really bring into question the “harmonic balance” their music
works with.  Built from successive blocks of time and measured
psychoacoustic effects, the sensations of movement merge and depart in
ways that can, at times, abruptly transform the music from one space
to another.”

https://soundcloud.com/xlopez/duo-with-bryan-eubanks-excerpt

Bryan Eubanks (b. 1977, WA.) is a musician primarily active within the
traditions of experimental and live electronic music. He works with
unstable structures and instruments that incorporate open-circuits,
samplers, radio transmission, feedback, digital synthesis, the soprano
saxophone, and other acoustic instruments. He improvises, composes
music for instruments and electronics, and makes sound installations.
His work often involves practical research into computer music,
generative composition, electronics, time, and sound localization. He
works
regularly with Jason Kahn, Ryu Hankil, Catherine Lamb or Pascal
Battus. He has released cd’s on labels like Copy For Your Records,
Sacred Realism, Iise, Creative Sources or Cathnor Recordings…

www.sacredrealism.org (http://www.sacredrealism.org/)

Mainly active as an improvising laptop player, Xavier Lopez is based
in Paris since 2006. He has developed an autodidact approach to laptop
playing, with attention to the minimal and synthetic: sine waves,
white noise, feedback, oscillators. His work as a sound artist is
inspired by a broad range of aesthetics as well as other issues
(perception, surroundings, survival, theory). During the last couple
of years he has performed in Europe, Mexico and in the United States.
He performs in various duos: “Axolotl” with Dafne Vicente-Sandoval
(amplified bassoon), “Rojo” with Miguel A.Garcia (aka “xedh”
raw electronic) and “sinn.osc” with Juan Matos Capote (home made
oscillators , modified radios). He crossed paths with many
improvisers
/ sound artists, including: Bertrand Gauguet, Bonnie Jones, Ferran
Fages, Chris Cogburn, Jassem Hindi … He organizes the concert series
“trashvortex” in Paris since April 2010.

www.soundcloud.com/xlopez (http://www.soundcloud.com/xlopez)

borel.roth

pierre borel & paul roth, alto saxophones

urban duo(s) for deranged saxophone(s)

the non jazz, who-is-charlie parker, dis=conventionality tour

we are kind of tired of our instruments. yeah, we’ve played jazz. we
know charlie parker. we’ve heard john coltrane. but we’re through
with that. enough licks. stop the bebop. we’re on to something else.
come check out different stuff from different people who still play
the saxophone.

umlautrecords.com/person/pierreborel
(http://umlautrecords.com/person/pierreborel)
 paulnroth.com (http://paulnroth.com/)

 Interpenetration website (http://interpenetration.net)

 chmafu nocords auf youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/marufura)

 <a
href="mailto:office at dieeintrittskarte.at">
 </a>

Available in many colors and styles:

Bio and Fair Trade!
 Printed at Siebdruckeria (http://www.siebdruckeria.at/)

If you want one, come to our shows or write an email
(mailto:interpenetration at nocords.net).

 (http://nocords.net/)

 (http://nocords.net/shop/chmafu/psycp/)
(http://nocords.net/shop/cd/katharina-klement-jalousie/)