[cdp] DISTORT REPEAT / docs queries

Archer Endrich archerhgm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:05:52 CEST 2020

Hi Peter,

I have tested DISTORT REPEAT (using the command line) on several files
of various lengths and cannot get it to fail.  I've therefore forwarded
your email to a colleague to see if the code around the error message
gives some clues.  Your information was most thorough, but the links to
the soundfiles seemed a bit odd: https://covid19.framadrop.org/ etc. and
in fact failed.

One little piece of information that would help is whether you were
using Sound Loom or the command line (Terminal).  Sometimes error
messages are generated by Sound Loom rather than the program -- even so,
the fact that it was the shorter file that failed is an anomaly!  P.S.
Some CDP processes such as FILTER ITERATE require large buffers and
buffer size can be increased via the environment variable
CDP_MEMORY_BBSIZE (e.g.  a value of 1024).

Till I hear from my colleague,

Archer - CDP