[Ursprung-info] Next Moves in München

ursprung ursprung at mur.at
Fri Mar 4 11:36:29 CET 2022

Munich Artists-in-Residence in solidarity with the Ukraine
Isabella Chydenius, Yu Hao Hung, Sara Larsdotter, Karl Seglem, Eva Ursprung

Sonntag 6.3. von 16:00 - 18:00 Uhr:
Next Moves Panel

Magdalena München im Kulturzentrum LUISE, Ruppertstraße 5 | 80337 München

Panelists: Theater directors Christine Umpfenbach (Munich), Sara Larsdotter Hallqvist (Malmö, Mobilise/Demobilise), independent scholar Sabine Sörgel, multidisciplinary artist Eva Ursprung (Graz, Mobilise/Demobilise) and visual artist Raquel Ro (Munich/Spain).
Moderation: Helen Varley Jamieson and Marianne Kjær Klausen (Magdalena Munich).

Public discussion about changes wrought by current crises including the pandemic and Russia's invasion of Ukraine, and how this is shaping our present and future.
As part of our Next Moves series, Magdalena München invites you to a panel discussion about the current crises as an opportunity to set a new course for society.
Next Moves responds to the need to critically examine and influence the changes we are currently experiencing as individuals, as artists, and as a society. It is about not thoughtlessly moving on, especially not as before. The last two years have brought changes and pushed the issues of migration, flight and climate into the background. At the same time, conflicts are intensifying worldwide and the tipping points of the climate crisis are approaching.
As artists, we want to be forward-looking, we want to discuss what a "new normal" might be like, and what it means for us as artists, migrants, and citizens. How can and should we mobilize ourselves to help shape a "new normal" after the drastic situation of Covid19? What has the pandemic period looked like for refugees, and what rights have changed? What is the impact of the current Ukraine invasion on our next moves? How does socio-political art and theater relate to all of this?
The panelists will share their respective experiences of bringing artists, activists, and civil society together - and how this was possible during the pandemic period. They will explore how the digital developments that exploded with the pandemic were helpful, and for whom they were an obstacle to participation.
Together with the guests and you, we will explore the question of which path we are currently on, which alliances are (can be) formed at the moment, and to what extent we are blindy following along or actually shaping the present.
Next Moves is inspired by the international project Mobilise/Demobilise (www.mobilise-demobilise.eu), whose theme is the mobilisation of civil society in response to global conflicts and the climate emergency.

The event will be in English. Informationen auf Deutsch: http://www.magdalenamuenchen.de/next-moves-panel/

Supported by the Artist-in-Residence-Programm of the City of München, Villa Waldberta, the Cultural Department of the City of Munich, Bezirksausschusses BA2 Ludwigsvorstadt-Isarvorstadt and Bezirksausschusses BA1 Altstadt-Lehel.

Mittwoch 16.3. von 18:30 - 21:00 Uhr Eröffnung:
Sidestep, backstep, memory and moves
// Gruppenausstellung im Palmenhaus

Isabella Chydenius
Yu Hao Hung
Sara Larsdotter
Karl Seglem
Eva Ursprung

16.3.2022: Performance Installation während der Eröffnung: Sara Larsdotter, Eva Ursprung, Helen Varley Jamieson, Raquel Ro, CYM und UpStage (Plattform für live online Performances)
Während der Online-Performance fokussieren die Künstlerinnen diesmal ihre Aufmerksamkeit auf das Publikum vor Ort: In kleinen Gruppen werden die Besucher!nnen durch die virtuell erweiterte Villa Waldberta geführt. Online Besucher!nnen sind jedoch willkommen - bei Interesse bitten wir um ein Mail an ursprung at mur.at.

17.3.2022 19.00 Uhr: Karl Seglem & Ardhi Engl Konzert

In the group exhibition titled Sidestep, backstep, memory and moves the current artists in residence at Villa Waldberta Hung Yu Hao, Isabella Chydenius, Eva Ursprung and Sara Larsdotter-Hallquist bring together an exhibition in which the artists’ work reflect on contacts of memory and movement. The works draw attention to how recollections of events and histories may be reconstructed in the contemporary through the various mediums of each artist.

Ausstellungdauer 17.3. - 20.3.2022 18.30 - 21.00 Uhr
Villa Waldberta, Palmenhaus, Höhenstr. 25, 82340 Feldafing

Samstag 23.3. von 15:00 - 18:00 Uhr:
Next Moves: Offene Tür/Kaffeeclash

Magdalena München in der Steindruck Werkstatt, Münchner Künstlerhaus, Lenbachplatz 8 | 80333 München

Abschlusspräsentation von Eva Ursprung, Sara Larsdotter Hallqvist und Helen Varley Jamieson zu Recherche und Materialsammlung im ehemaligen DP-Camp in Feldafing.
Wie kann man die neu programmierte Online-Performanceplattform UpStage zur Aufarbeitung - auch aktueller - politischer Fragestellungen nutzen?
Wie kann man Online-Publikum und Akteur!nnen in die Aktionen vor Ort einbinden? Das und vieles mehr wird in einem Kaffeeklatsch mit Arbeitsproben diskutiert.