[sat] [kdwoell at gmail.com: Re: next meeting here in graz oct 29th]

Reni Hofmüller reni at mur.at
Sun Oct 24 10:50:16 CEST 2010

lg
reni

----- Forwarded message from kirk woellert <kdwoell at gmail.com> -----

From: kirk woellert <kdwoell at gmail.com>
To: Reni Hofmueller <reni at mur.at>
Cc: Randa Miliron <ios at interorbital.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:39:27 -0400
Subject: Re: next meeting here in graz oct 29th

Reni, this is a clip from one of the Interorbital sponsors. I think its a
good overview of Interorbital, although not as current as some of our GLXP
footage.

http://visionone.tv/de/cms/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=58&album=55
Regarding, the piezos I thought to refer to these links. These are the
project site links for the The University of Leicester Picosatellite of
Leicester University Micrometeoroid Experiment (PLUME) cubesat mission. One
of the mission goals is to detect and measure the micrometeoroid flux in
low Earth orbit (LEO). Sound similiar to what we talked about in Graz? I
have not had time to check yet but very probably they are using PZ
technology to detect the dust grains impacting on the satellite. If
sonification of the micrometeoroid flux is a project you and Jogi are
seriously considering for MURsat, perhaps there is technical information
that may help.

Project web site: http://www.plume.org.uk/index.php?page=home

Project systems engineering web site: http://cubesat.wikidot.com/start

BTW, on our home page is a photo of our CPM TV (test vehicle). The fins for
that rocket are being finalized this week. This rocket will be used in our
first suborbital test flight.
 best regards!
Kirk

--