[sat] Mail von GX Jupitter-Larsen

Reni Hofmüller reni at mur.at
Sat Dec 11 14:20:42 CET 2010

hey!

greetings from graz! jogi and i - your ion-gun-haters in graz in 2009 - are
2 of the core people of mursat; actually jogi got it all running by 1)
finding out about the possibility, and then 2) getting the first bit
of money to at least pay the hardware.

now we are about 10 people or so from different fields,
currently sitting at ESC (the place, that i run, a small noncommercial
place for contemporary media art), where we installed
our worklab and and exhibition that goes on until the 17th of dec.
i will take some fotos and put some stuff online, so
that you get an idea...

how did you hear about it?

as for proceedings and plans - we are in the stage of finding out,
what is actually possible, technically speaking. and then we will have
to see how we are going to choose out of the ideas and wishes, because
we are sure, it is going to be more than are possible to realize with
just one of them.
the reduction is part of the charme and challenge :)
if you go to the wiki
http://wiki.mur.at/sat
you can find a first list of ideas and wishes, like cameras, gravity
gradient boom, led, trash scanner or piezo;

we had a meeting about the technical details and open questions
yesterday, so an update of that will follow soon, too.

from what we know now, the launch date is in late summer/fall 2011,
but who knows :) it has been delayed for more than 6 months now, so it
could take longer.

so - sound/noisewise: the plan/wish/dream is that the piezo will be
able to serve as particle detector, and/or maybe also get some 'solar
winds', and who knows which other sounds we are able to detect; one
idea is also to have a scanner and "hear" the rest of the radio-waves
there; there is some atmosphere/matter left there, so ...

any ideas from your side?

will you be in austria/europe in the next months? would be nice to
meet and hang out a bit and talk...

greetings
reni