*RH-92.6* emeritus

Kenneth Allen rcey at nvincent16.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 19 02:47:32 CEST 2006

They are disagreeable, butthey do not matter.
Youve got toget that breastplate done before supper.
Her eyes, half hypnotized, were fixed upon his.
You need a homeand a livelihood; I need a wife to keep me in order. But how CAN one enjoy anything when all the meanings been takenout of it?
And all the time withering, drying up, growing more sourand more angular and more friendless.
Its only appealto him was as a pretext for blasphemy.
And Isee now that a lot of it was rather silly.
And Isee now that a lot of it was rather silly. Mr Warburton, with his head cocked a little on one side, gaveDorothy a rather curious look. But after all there must beSOME meaning, SOME purpose in it all! Youve had a hard, dull life for agirl of your age, and your future isnt exactly rosy.
Halfthe parsons daughters in England, Mr Warburton had said.
And given only faith, how can anything else matter? Besides, Ineed somebody to look after the children; the BASTARDS, you know.
Mrs Pithers rheumatism andMrs Lewins corn-plaster and all the rest of it? And all the time withering, drying up, growing more sourand more angular and more friendless. He could see the difficulty of her ownparticular position, and he adverted to it a moment later.
Wemight make five pounds if we had a really good chariot, withscythes on the wheels. However, there was something quite different that I was going tosay to you. Dorothy sat silent and listening with intent and horrifiedfascination. And I must go and see about those potatoes athalf past six, she thought. Therefore with Demons and Archdemons and withall the company of Hell.
Your notion of fun seems to be massaging MrsPithers legs. Dorothy rode up the hill from the town and wheeled her bicycle inat the Rectory gate. You would be happier married, even to a husband witha bald head and a clouded past. He looked a great deal older, Dorothythought.
Immoral people usually are, asa matter of fact. A frizzling sound was coming from the glue-pot. The Old Maids of Old England, as somebodycalled them. Had she dreamed the things he said, or had hereally said them?