*RH-92.6* Fwd: [IMC-Prague] Radio Jeleni & indy media collaboration?

milhouse springfield milhouse22 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 15 10:16:14 CEST 2000

in prag tut sich einiges, ich freu mich schon.

manfred

From: "Derek Holzer" <republikasleazka at hotmail.com>
To: imc-prague at indymedia.org
Subject: [IMC-Prague] Radio Jeleni  & indy media collaboration?
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:34:39 GMT

Dear indies,

Radio Jeleni is a local, independent internet media outlet specializing in
the promotion of non-mainstream voices and culture. Like all local media, we
have taken a special interest in the upcoming IMF/WB conference and the
surrounding protests. Unlike much of the local media, we have made a
commitment to cover the event from as many viewpoints as possible, rather
than through a single editorial policy. To this end, we will be setting up a
public internet broadcast access point in the NoD gallery in downtown
Prague. From here, we hope to give first-person accounts of the actions on
the 24, 25, & 26 of Sept. We will hold a press conference on Monday, Sept.
18 to announce this intention to local and international press.

We would like to coordinate as much as possible with IMC to share content
and to maximize coverage. Could someone involved in local IMC please get in
touch with us to help keep this moving?

Please see the announcement below for further details.

Thanks,
Derek

***
Radio Jeleni in Prague to stream IMF/WB coverage

Internet station Radio Jeleni will be setting up a web access point at the
cafe9.net space in downtown Prague which can stream audio and video content
in Real Audio & mp3 format. The streams from Cafe9 will be relayed or
rebroadcast by several servers and radio stations, including Studio X in
Seattle, MAMA in Zagreb, and possibly XS4ALL in the Netherlands, and will be
available on the web at the Radio Jeleni homepage.

The goal is not necessarily to stream professional-quality material
(although we are absolutely open to such contributions) as to provide an
immediate forum for off-the-street reportage during the length of the IMF/WB
conference. The cafe9 space will be open in the afternoon and stay open
until 11 pm. Unfortunately, 24 hour access to the space is not possible.

We envision a minimal audio setup of mixer and microphone, along with
possibly a digital video camera, into which contributors can plug their own
media and players to create broadcasts. The platform will be available for
IMC, and for any other group or individual who has material to contribute.
Currently, we do not have resources to archive these broadcasts, but if disk
space is offered by someone, we will try to arrange it.

What we would like is the following:

1) Contact with IMC representatives to help coordinate content.

2) Additional publicity of these broadcasts coming from the Radio Jeleni
site: http://www.radiojeleni.cz

3) Additional relays and rebroadcasts of our stream. We will provide the
necessary URL to whoever wishes to retransmit our stream in any form.

Further information on Radio Jeleni & Cafe9 is available at:

http://www.radiojeleni.cz
http://www.cafe9.cz
http://www.cafe9.net

Please feel free to forward this message on, and to contact me with any
arrangements or questions.

Derek

Derek Holzer
Center for Contemporary Arts-Praha