[sixpackfilm] ONLINE tonight --- Living Collection sixpackfilm: WATCHING & BEING WATCHED --- Mon, April 12, 19:00 until Tue, April 13, 24.00 --- sixpackfilm-Vimeo VoD

international at lists.sixpackfilm.com international at lists.sixpackfilm.com
Mon Apr 12 09:57:56 CEST 2021

monthly program

L C S
LIVING COLLECTION SIXPACKFILM

> > >  ONLINE-STREAM @ sixpack-VoD on vimeo <https://vimeo.com/ondemand/watchingandbeingwatched> < < <
access open tonight, MON, April 12 2021, 19:00h until TUE, April 13, 2021, 24:00h (CEST)

Streaming fee: 5.- €

Watching & Being Watched

47/91 A Party
Kurt Kren, AT 1991, 3 min

A Rubber Dinghy and Oysters
Ursula Pürrer und Ashley Hans Scheirl, AT 1985, 5 min

Lonely at the top
Wolfgang Rupert Muhr, AT 2006, 10 min

just a meaning that you attribute to it
Bernadette Anzengruber, AT 2009, 10 min

Astor Place
Eve Heller, USA 1997, 10 min

Pareidolia
Maria Petschnig, AT/USA 2008, 4 min

Lovely Andrea
Hito Steyerl, AT/JP 2007, 30 min

I look in the mirror and see myself. I look through the camera and see someone else. I look at the camera, what do I see? Using these three parameters, the films in this program can be sketched, the central theme is the staging of the self or the other. Kren and Muhr portray the travesty artists Dame Edna and Lucy McEvil while Scheirl / Pürrer celebrate the lusty costume in a punk music video from a private perspective. The gaze of Heller, who is filming through the glass window of a coffee house in New York and thus opens up different perspectives, is simultaneously directed outwards and inwards. Anzengruber and Petschnig, on the other hand, put their own sexualized body on display, questioning partly fetishized variants of the self. Then Steyerl embarks on a multi-faceted search for a detail of her biography, namely bondage photographs, for which she posed as a model in 1987. (Dietmar Schwärzler)

–
> > >  ONLINE-STREAM @ sixpack-VoD on vimeo <https://vimeo.com/ondemand/watchingandbeingwatched> < < <
access open tonight, MON, April 12 2021, 19:00h until TUE, April 13 2021, 24:00h (CEST)

Streaming fee: 5.- €

–
LIVING COLLECTION SIXPACKFILM
A project by sixpackfilm

LIVING COLLECTION SIXPACKFILM is a monthly cinema program in collaboration with the Austrian Filmarchive in Vienna’s Metro KinoKulturhaus.
It’s aim is to present selected movies from sixpackfilm's rich catalogue of Austrian artistic cinema in curated programs.
Due to Covid-restrictions we moved this program to the internet and offer it via our VoD-Channel at Vimeo.

–
Further informationen on all the single films
www.sixpackfilm.com <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/>

Image: 47/91 A party © Kurt Kren