[sixpackfilm] sixpackfilm @ Berlin – Sundance – Rotterdam

international at lists.sixpackfilm.com international at lists.sixpackfilm.com
Thu Jan 17 14:48:07 CET 2019

Triple-AAA for Austrian Shorts !

Films distributed by sixpackfilm are invited to the three major international film festivals of the early new year:

Berlin – Sundance – Rotterdam

1
Berlinale – International Film Festival Berlin
7. – 17.2.2019

Berlinale Shorts

Rainer Kohlberger
it has to be lived once and dreamed twice

 AT/DE 2019, 28 min || World premiere

The sixth great mass extinction event on earth resulted in the extinction of humans. In the end, their technology was advanced enough to reverse engineer evolution and thus create artificial life on earth. New life wakes up, learns to see and tries to understand. By reflecting its history it begins to gain consciouseness and to believe in its gods.
more <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2510>

Berlinale–line-up <https://www.berlinale.de/de/presse/pressemitteilungen/alle/Alle-Detail_48662.html>

––
2
Sundance International Film Festival Park City
24.1. – 3.2.2019

Animated Shorts

Nikki Schuster
animistica

 AT/DE/MX 2018, 7 min

Organic textures of all kinds interweave and rush by, innumberable macro shots of Mexican flora and fauna morph and melt into a pulsing visual weave conjuring an instinctive sense of creepy crawling by way of a wondrous fantasy biotope. As in nature, change constitutes its basic principle, the interplay of growth and decay: Earth becomes bark becomes bone becomes feathers becomes sand, stone, pelt and fur.
more <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2480>

sundance – line-up <https://www.sundance.org/festivals/sundance-film-festival/program/short-films>

––
3
Rotterdam – IFFR International Film Festival
23.1. – 3.2.2019

Bright Furture Short

Johann Lurf
Cavalcade

 AT 2019, 5 min || World premiere

Can we believe our eyes? The short films of Johann Lurf often explore the enigmatic territory between the real and the perceived, challenging our senses to comprehend visions and sounds taken from the environment around us by means of subtle, beautiful trompe l'oeil effects.
more <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2508>

Henry Hills
The Tree

 AT/US 2018, 10 min || World premiere

A portrait of the noble American Elm standing at the center of Tompkins Square Park in the East Village known as “The Hare Krishna Tree” because the Hare Krishna movement was founded under it in the Fall of 1966, with Allen Ginsberg in attendance.
more <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2509>

IFFR–line-up <https://iffr.com/en/short-film>

Gratulations to the artists and their teams !!!!

––
www.sixpackfilm.com
  <https://www.facebook.com/sixpackfilm>