[sixpackfilm] sixpackfilm @ Oberhausen 2019: four films in competition and a distributor's screening

international at lists.sixpackfilm.com international at lists.sixpackfilm.com
Tue Apr 30 14:45:21 CEST 2019

With huge pleasure we would like to announce the selection of four (!!) short films from sixpackfilm´s distribution
into the official selection of the upcoming

Oberhausen Short Film Festival
May 1–6, 2019

— International Competition

Lotte Schreiber
Sabaudia
AT 2018, 24 min

Sabaudia in Italy, created by Mussolini´s architects as a model "new fascist city", was supplied with extensive farm lands converted from marshes. Yet, despite its undeniably "brutal" architecture, creators including Alberto Moravia and Pier Paolo Pasolini subsequently found Sabaudia to be a wonderful, hospitable place – the sign of a genuine, traditional Italy, and its resistance to all modern ideologies. Lotte Schreiber constructs a multi-faceted, documentary view of Sabaudia, inspired by but going beyond Pasolini, portraying it as a paradoxical mixture of social class separation, nostalgia, and everyday whimsy. (Viennale 2018, Adrian Martin)
more: <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2499>

screening >>> IW 6, May 4th, 19:30 Lichtburg
–
Sasha Pirker, Michael Klein
60 Elephants. Episodes of a Theory
AT 2018, 22 min

Yona Friedman´s architectural and urbanistic theories are famous, starting with those of "self-planning". While they date back to half a century ago, they seem to have become topical. Sasha Pirker and Michael Klein film in Paris, at home, but also in the streets, and while his voice supports the images, he will never appear on them himself. A fertile back and forth is set up between the urban landscapes and the provocative wisdom in the voice of this old elephant. (JPR, catalogue FID Marseille 2018)
more: <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2479>

screening >>> IW 2 - May 2nd, 19:30 Lichtburg
–
Manu Luksch
Algo-Rhythm
AT/UK 2019, 14 min

Convenience, not choice. Efficiency, not freedom. Frictionless experience: a data musical against automated propaganda.
In marketing and the retail sector, data analytics is widely used to profile and microtarget consumers and to predict behaviour. The ultimate goal, apparently, is for humans to be able to outsource all decision-making to machine intelligence (make Google do it!). What is at stake within the political realm?
more: <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2522>

screening >>> IW 4, May 3rd, 17:00 Lichtburg
–
— German Competition

Gudrun Krebitz
The Magical Dimension
DE/AT 2018, 7 min

„You can always be at two places at once, did you know? The real world and the magical world." The voice on the phone whispers in your ear- there`s a way to alter reality. A journey through Graveyards, unknown waters, poems, dreams and wishes, telling us that what we long for is waiting for us and we can meet it in our very own underworld. A film in love, like a prayer, to reclaim what seems lost, to open the gateway and enter the real world.
more:  <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2492>

screening >>>  DW 1, May 4th, 12:30 Lichtburg

–
DISTRIBUTOR´s SCREENING

addtionally sixpackfilm has been kindly invited again to present a distributor´s screening with recent acquisitions into our catalogue.

Distributor´s Screening sixpackfilm
May 5th, 12:30 Star

Anna Vasof - Muybridge´s Disobient Horses  // AT 2018, 5 min
Adina F. Camhy - Mensch Maschine Or Putting Parts Together // AT 2019, 9 min
Tara Najd Ahmadi - A Week with Azar // AT/SI/IR 2018, 11 min
Josephine Ahnelt - Winter Bees (Winter Bienen) // AT 2018, 14 min
Friedl vom Gröller - Winter in Paris // AT 2018, 3 min (16mm)
Stefan-Manuel Eggenweber - Rising // AT 2018, 5 min
Klaus Schuster - Fallen // AT 2018, 3 min
Billy Roisz/Diete Kovacic - Who´s Afraid of RGB // AT 2019, 9 min
Siegfried Fruhauf - Water and Clearing // AT 2018, 5 min
Johann Lurf - Cavalcade // AT 2019, 5 min

more on all the titles <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/>

present at Oberhausen from May 2nd to May 5th:
Dietmar Schwärzler: dietmar at sixpackfilm.com
Gerald Weber: gerald at sixpackfilm.com
––
Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen