[sixpackfilm] Sarajevo Film Festival 2018: Three newcomers from Austria on board

international at lists.sixpackfilm.com international at lists.sixpackfilm.com
Wed Aug 8 11:46:22 CEST 2018

A new generation makes its strong appearance !

We are happy to announce the selection of three shorts from our distribution catalogue for the upcoming edition of

Sarajevo International Film Festival Aug 10-17, 2018

International Student Film Competition

SNOWMAN (Schneemann)
Leni Gruber
AT 2018, 20 min

Antonia is stuck in her everyday life. She oversleeps, procrastinates and searches the internet for a happy life. Spontaneously, she decides to give structure to her existence and asks her fling for a steady relationship. (Catalogue Crossing Europe - Local Artist Award 2018)
more <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2469>

VOLTAGE
Samira Ghahremani
AT 2017, 16 min

He is a musician. She is in love with him. This is not expressed in so many words, but you sense it in how she looks at him – you hear it in her voice and the way she asks this slightly older guy to play her something from the live set he will be performing that night. She would really be into going with him to the party. But he simply ignores her hints.
more <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2460>

European Shorts 3: Ghosts of the Past: Legacy or Burden?

DOPPELGAENGER
Michaela Taschek
AT 2017, 20 min

Using photos and home-movies from her family archive, Michaela Taschek traces the life of her father, who died unexpectedly. He comes back to life in these images from the past, marries, starts a family, builds a home. And then we observe a transformation, which leads the artist to speculate that her father was replaced by a Doppelgaenger years ago. An essayistic, deeply personal hunt for clues—beautiful and moving.
more <http://www.sixpackfilm.com/en/catalogue/show/2477>

All program details at the festival´s site <https://www.sff.ba/en>

—
sixpackfilm.com <http://sixpackfilm.com/>