**H-I-T** Fwd: Open Call Projects @ Artist Run Data Center / Deadline 5th of July

Jogi Hofmüller jogi at mur.at
Mi Jun 10 11:06:54 CEST 2015

Open Call Projects @ Artist Run Data Center

servus.at is a cultural network-based initiative in Linz, Austria.
One of the main objectives of servus.at in running its own data
center is to implement the ideas of a "free society" in a daily
practice of cultural and artistic production dealing with technology
and ultimately to develop a network of trust.

With our Open Call for a Virtual Residency we want to encourage
artists, hacktivists and cultural producers to use this opportunity
for developing projects, artworks, software for sharing within a
trusted community.

All projects must grant the freedom to run, copy, distribute, study,
change and improve the software.

* developing Free Software for artistic production
* developing artistic Community Tools
* developing artistic Software projects
* projects which reflect on or research the post-digital dilemma
* projects which explore the nature of information
* experiments

We will be able to support two projects, whereby each is funded with
1.000 Euros.

Apply for the residency.
Mailto: research at servus.at
Send us a download link with your proposal which presents your idea
(3000 to max 6000 characters)
Please include and think about a realistic time management!

After being selected you should be able to present your project in
Linz at the end of November.

What you should know:
How to handle your own virtual server. You should be able to operate
your own GNU/Linux server and know how to handle tools like OpenVPN.

What you get:

* Root access to a virtual machine

* Email addresses (we don't accept any commercial “free” email
address for communication within this context). You will be
subscribed to the servus-vps mailinglist (low traffic – only
announcements of planned downtimes)

* 100Mbit/s Connectivity over ACOnet (ACOnet is the Austrian
Academic Computer Network  for science, research, education and culture)

Deadline for your submission: 5th of July

|     servus.at - kunst und kultur im netz - www.servus.at         |
| u s (c) h i   r e i t e r - organisation, projects, finances

| kirchengasse 4, 4040 linz
| {office at servus.at}{uschi.reiter at servus.at}{ushi at servus.at}
| Phone: 43.(0)732.7312 09 (mo-fr)
| office: uschi reiter - DW 300
| user-support: didi kressnig - DW 301
| user-support: peter wagenhuber - DW 302
|     -ssl irc.servus.at 6667 / #servus                            |
|     "Siehe da! Die Menschen sind die Werkzeuge ihrer Werkzeuge
|       geworden." Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)               |

j.hofmüller

Optimism doesn't alter the laws of physics.         - Subcommander T'Pol