[Grml] grml2usb was: feature request: port tazusb to grml

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Mar 2 22:56:33 CET 2009

* Thorsten Strusch <strusch at medienzentrum-kassel.de> [20090212 13:45]:
> Am Mittwoch, den 11.02.2009, 19:05 +0100 schrieb Michael Prokop:

> > Notice that I'm re-implementing grml2usb right now, it will provide
> > many new options - including multiso support (this is rocking
> > awesome, trust me :)).

> this sounds great!
> Please post here, if we can test this. :)

I just uploaded the first public version of the new grml2usb
implementation.

The new grml2usb script (rewritten from scratch, in python) provides
multi-iso support, support for grub1/grub2 as well as syslinux as
bootloaders, provides improved MBR handling,... (I couldn't find
*any* USB pens that I couldn't boot with :)) and lots of other nice
new stuff. :)

Check out http://grml.org/grml2usb/ for the documentation (that's
available as manpage in the grml2usb Debian package as well).

grml2usb is available as Debian package as usual via the
grml-testing pool (just run 'au; agi grml2usb' if grml-testing is
enabled on your system):

  http://deb.grml.org/pool/main/g/grml2usb/grml2usb_0.9.2_all.deb

(If you don't read this mail in time make sure to check out for any
updates of course, thanks. :))

Find the sources at the usual place:

  http://git.grml.org/?p=grml2usb.git

Happy grml2usb-ing, I think that really rocks. :)
I highly appreciate your feedback!

regards,
-mika-
--