[Grml] Re: Re: Debian Etch and grml

Erich Minderlein erminderlein at locoware.de
Mon Jan 15 13:42:46 CET 2007

Hi

I would like to point to the Discussion thread which we had in November
2006.
I have forcibly new hardware, do development work but for embedded and
my internal applications and not for etch.

I prefer stable, because I am not in a position (capability and time) to
pinpoint to problems and do not want my business performance be
interrupted in the public by "but it did work until the upgrade".
Think of making a presentation ..... Think of people YOU have to pay.

It was pretty tough to switch from SusE 7.3 to debian sarge, which
installed and ran relatively flawless on my older hw. (desktop + server,
xterminals, project begun in Nov 2004, end in April 2006)

Why not OpenSuSE : because I just run away from SuSE , with its constant
changes and frequent updates. And now it is embraced by the Dollar freak
anaconda and will be choked to death and swallowed.
My experience with all multimillion $ US vampyrs: dont get even close!
The vacuum cleaners of information and they dont leak anythink out.

Why not ubuntu :  I want a root password for security.
Only single users may do so, If you run the risk of having someone else
sitting on your keyboards : dont do it.

Grüss Gott

--
Erich Minderlein <erminderlein at locoware.de>