[Grml] USB boot success: grml-big-0.5 + grml2hd-0.5.5

Josef Wolf jw at
Thu Nov 24 20:03:12 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 08:25:00AM +0100, Michael Prokop wrote:
> * Mark <or2uvma02 at sneakemail.com> [20051122 07:15]:
>
> > * Some of our older PCs don't have USB boot support in BIOS.  They need
> > "helper boot floppies."  It would be nice if the installer could create
> > one as an optional step.
>
> Quoting http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=tips ->
>
> |  Boot grml via floppy disk
> |
> |  Your computer can not boot from CD-ROM but provides a floppy disk?
> |  Take a look at btmgr (http://btmgr.webframe.org/) or sbm
> |  (http://linux.simple.be/tools/sbm), they provide support for
> |  booting from CD-ROM via a special floppy disk.

Sorry, but this don't work for me... This boot-mgr don't seem to ba able to
boot from USB.  I have tried on four different PCs.  One of them is even
capable to boot from USB by its own bios (but extreeemly slooow)

--
No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com
-- Josef Wolf -- jw at raven.inka.de --