[Grml] Re: USB boot success: grml-big-0.5 + grml2hd-0.5.5

Mark or2uvma02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Nov 23 23:15:55 CET 2005

Package management is a valid reason, I agree, but it's possible to use
package management on the front end, too.

A package manager can provide a manifest list of files associated with a
package.  Filtering copy-all through such a list isn't hard.

I have no problem with warnings, but the installer might want to prepare
the user in advance to know he isn't getting a broken installation.  The
fact that the program actually completes execution is not (as a rule)
the way to tell whether something was done badly during a run.  Yes,
lots of scripts I have seen send error messages 2>/dev/null because the
author knows the warnings are essentially bogus when he writes the
script.

Still all in all I think grml2hd is nice work.  I do appreciate the
de-select services dialog, thanks.

Mark