[Grml] Re: USB boot success: grml-big-0.5 + grml2hd-0.5.5

Andreas Gredler jimmy at grml.org
Wed Nov 23 22:39:54 CET 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 02:15:38PM -0700, Mark wrote:

> I don't see how copy-some is more complex than delete-some.
> They are equivalent.

No. Because when copying the files there is no package management
available. So everything has to be copied. After that there's a new
system on the hd ans thus we have all functions of the package
management and can remove stuff easily.

> But I understand you may have special reasons for the arrangement,
> I just don't see them myself.

Maybe my explanation helps. Think about it. There's no other way to
install a system with a live-cd. Unless you want to download all
packages from the net again.

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy at g-tec.co.at
  (  grml.org -» Linux for texttool-users and sysadmins
   `._,          http://www.grml.org/    | jimmy at grml.org