[Grml] Post HD-install

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sat Nov 19 18:43:42 CET 2005

* Ishwar Rattan <ishwar at pali.cps.cmich.edu> [20051119 14:50]:

> Last night I did a grml2hd install at my home box. It is an
> old Dron based PC with ensoniq-1370 sound card.

> It comes out that the install different from live-cd.
> The usb storage hotplug does not work any more, it
> was operational in live-cd usage (the usb stick was
> detected at /dev/sda1 and mounted automatically).

> So, how do I get the functionality back?

What does "usb storage hotplug does not work any more" mean exactly?
Mounting of usb-stick does not work anymore? The usb-modules aren't
loaded? Which version of grml did you install? Does running 'Restart
hotplug-light' as user root solve the problem?

JFYI: USB sticks are available through /dev/external1 -> /mnt/external1

regards,
-mika-
--
 http://grml.org/            # Linux for texttool-users and sysadmins