[esc] medien kunst labor: goes Brüssel

reni hofmueller reni at mur.at
Mon Dec 9 11:12:52 CET 2013

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren, sehr geschätzte Besucherinnen und Besucher!

Wir freuen uns , Sie über die Teilnahme des *esc*medien kunst labors an
der Konferenz /*Verbindingen / Jonctions 14 - *//*A feminist review of
experimental server technologies*/in Brüssel vom 12. -
15.12.2013informieren zu können. *Constant arbeitet zwischen den Medien
und Kunst und interessiert sich für die Kultur und Ethik des **World
Wide Web. **Mit diesem Programm beginnt unsere mehrjährige Zusammenarbeit.*

    Verbindingen / Jonctions 14 - A feminist review of experimental
    server technologies

Are you being served?

verbindingen

http://vj14.constantvzw.org/

The fourtheenth edition of Verbindingen/Jonctions by Constant, from 12th
till 15th December in Brussels, is dedicated to a feminist review of mesh-
cloud- autonomous- and D.I.Y. servers. Welcome to four intense meetingdays
mixing lectures, screenings, performances, discussions and workshops.

To stay connected across multiple devices, we have come to expect unlimited
access, provided by companies that traffic large amounts of data as a
result. The necessary infrastructure that is put in place effects our
understanding of place, both virtually and physically and it has become
increasingly difficult to be intimate with the technologies that we feel
familiar with. We started to wonder about what would make current
networking technologies into hospitable habitats for critique, as space for
artists and solidarity, teaching and learning.

What does it mean to serve and to host? What should server technology of
today be about? How to re-appropriate networks for creative experiment? How
to invert, detour, parasite and deflate web 3.0 notions of 'service'?

Join fellow geek-artists, techno-fanatics, queer theoreticians and phone
flashers and brainstorm with us! With amongst others: Reni Hofmueller,
Domaine Public, !mediengruppe BITNIK, Maria Guggenbichler, Paul Otlet,
Aymeric Mansoux, the Amazing Service Providing Robot and many others.