[CryptoParty] Was man mit Massenueberwachung so alles machen kann ...

an.to_n-73 at riseup.net an.to_n-73 at riseup.net
Sa Sep 13 19:12:57 CEST 2014

Servues!

Hier mal wieder ein Praxisbeispiel fuer die Anwendung von
Massenueberwachung: Die israelische militaerische Hackertruppe Unit
8200 nutzt die Ueberwachungs-Erkenntnisse, um Kompromat ueber
Palaestinenser zu gewinnen und diese als Informanten zu gewinnen. 43
Reservisten dieser Einheit, alle IT-Techniker, haben genug davon und
haben sich mittels eines offenen Briefes an die Oeffentlichkeit gewandt:
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4570337,00.html

"I had a lot of trouble with the fact that various personal details
were noted as being of importance, details that could be used to
extort people and turn them into collaborators," N. relates. "They
told us at the base that if we uncover a 'juicy' detail, it is
important to document it – for example, financial stress, sexual
orientation, a severe illness on the part of the individual or a
family member, or medical treatment that they require.
"Once, they played me the recording of a conversation between an
Israeli security official and a Palestinian he was trying to recruit.
There's a part in which he says, 'Your wife's brother, he has cancer,'
and the Palestinian responds, 'So what?' And he says, 'You know, we
have good hospitals.' He was clearly offering the Palestinian
something or threatening him in some way.
"During my service, I collected, among other things, information about
innocent people whose only sin was that they were of interest to the
Israeli defense system for various reasons. If you are a homosexual
who knows someone who knows a wanted individual, Israel will make your
life a misery. If you required urgent medical care in Israel, the West
Bank or abroad, we looked for you. The State of Israel will allow you
to die before it allows you to leave for medical treatment without you
first providing information about your wanted cousin. Any instance
that leads to snaring an innocent individual who can be extorted in
return for information or in order to recruit him as a collaborator
was gold for us and for the entire Israeli intelligence community. In
the training course, you actually learn and memorize different words
for homo in Arabic."

Abgefangener Telefonsex von Paeaerchen wurde natuerlich auch zur
allgemeinen Belustigung abgespielt, wie im gleichen Artikel angefuehrt
wird.

Respekt vor dem Mut der Whistleblower, in dem aufgeheizten politischen
Klima ist das ziemlich karriereschaedlich.

Viele Gruesse, schoenes WE und: Stay wiretapped!

Anton

- --
an.to_n-73 at riseup dot net , PGP:
0B4C DF2C CB22 5DF4 25EA F212 49D1 ABF2 A2A9 7D7D