+comunity+ WG: [netznetz.net] THIS IS A CALL FOR PAPERS - the resonance005(english)

dagmar dagmar at mur.at
Mi Nov 16 23:45:59 CET 2005

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: liste-bounces at netznetz.net [mailto:liste-bounces at netznetz.net] Im
Auftrag von bIn/Sh
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. November 2005 23:43
An: :Humanized|BeinG|
Cc: Austausch von Netzkultivierenden
Betreff: [netznetz.net] THIS IS A CALL FOR PAPERS - the
resonance005(english)

Deutscher Text siehe unten.

Please react on this mail very soon. Feel free to forward it to people
of interest. Thank you

Call for Papers

In order to participate in the discourse event "The future of
|sonance|network|" actively, and in order to appear in the publication
in the web and the catalog with your project concepts of past, current
or future projects, send us these papers until latest thuesday the 22th
of November 2005.

The project concepts should be under one of the following categories:
* Art
* Culture
* Science
* Culture associations and networks

All received concepts will be presented on the Internet.

  30 concepts will be published in the print folder of
"re|sonance|network|futures 005" (due to resources scarceness we are
unfortunately not able as we planned originally , to print all
projects.) The determination of these 30 concepts is by means of
electronic inquiry.

 From the received project concepts:
* Four concepts will be selected via Internet inquiry for a personal
project-presentation on the "The future of |sonance|network|".

Submission details:

With the submission we ask you:
until 22 November 2005:
* send an email to the address: resonance005 at lists.sonance.net

until 22 November 2005:
* register your concept into the on-line database under:
http://resonance005.sonance.net/ (for further information see homepage)

until 30 November 2005:
* send the ready-for-print layouts of the concepts to:
resonance005 at lists.sonance.net

If you are interested to present your project concepts, please send an
email to the address: resonance005 at lists.sonance.net until 22 November
2005, including the project name, the frontispiece (cover picture) and
a short description of the project participants (approx. 3 lines per
person) . In addition you are requested to submit your work to an
online database, because all sent in concepts will be placed on the
Internet. From these project concepts there will be four selected, by
means of an open Internet poll, from  November 22nd to  December 1st
2005. These four concepts will make a live presentation on the
Workshop: "The future of |sonance|network|".
Note: Since this call is internationally spread, it will be an
advantage to represent your projects in English. In principle however
everyone should publish in the language of their choice.

The selection procedure of the project presentations

 From the project concepts that will be presented on the Internet, there
will be four works chosen for a personal presentation and further 26
works chosen for the print folder, by means of an internet poll, from
the 22nd of November to December the 1st. The individuals behind the
four selected projects are to create a 30 minutes presentation that
will take place on the resonance005 discussion.

The entrance to the poll is open for ALL interested parties. The
project concepts are issued to the selective procedure on the Internet
without the name of the creators, in order to direct the attention to
the project itself. The poll will Not determine which are the "best"
works, rather it will concentrate on making the common interests and
main topics of the creators visible.

Detail to the catalog (A5, landscape format)
(1st edition 200 pieces, 48 colored pages)

The catalog will contain the following information.
* An epilogue from Franz Xaver/ media art laboratory Graz
* A view to the future of sonance.artistic.network
* The history of 5 years of |sonance|network|
* A detailed project collection of 30 artists (2 pages per project)
* a list of all (approx. 300) |sonance|network| users and their webpages
* An imprint
* Sponsors/supporter information and Logos

* 30 of your submitted project concepts will be printed therein.
* The catalog will be spread in the resonance005 event .
* Everyone who submits gets a copy of the catalog.

  2 pages per work are available at your disposal
* a 7 cm broad margin on the right edge of each double-page spread,
will be identically designed by the editorship with:
	 - the name of the project
	- the names of the project participants
	- the homepage address of the project and the email addresses of the

people involved
we also ask for a frontispiece (cover picture) designed by you, or a
diagram/graphic design (size: 4x6 cm in the landscape format; 300dpi
CMYK).
* The two content pages can be freely designed by you. (a A5 "double
page spread, crosswise" minus that 7 cm edge on the right side.)

Please send until -at the latest- 30th of November 2005 the two
layouted content pages, as 300 DPI pdf files to the address:
resonance005 at lists.sonance.net. They should also contain short person
descriptions of the project participants, beside the concept text.

Follow-ups

* An Internet publication of the discourse event "The future of
|sonance|network|" will be published on the resonance005 homepage.

http://resonance005.sonance.net/

* Cyclic rounds of talks will be created.

The |sonance|network|event-team is looking forward to countless project
concepts and to an exciting inquiry and poll on the Internet.

  your |sonance|artistic|network|resonance005-team

Translation of all texts including this call form german to english by
Shira Carmel.

==== German texts follows:  ==========

Betreff:   This is a: Call for Papers for the resonance005.

Call For Papers

Um an der Diskursveranstaltung "The future of |sonance|network|" aktiv
teilzunehmen und in der Publikation in Netz und Katalog mit euren
Projektkonzepten von vergangenen, laufenden oder zukuenftigen Projekten
praesent zu sein, schickt uns diese bis spaetestes 22. November 2005.

Die Projektkonzepte sollten in einem der
folgenden Bereiche angesiedelt sein:
* Kunst
* Kultur
* Wissenschaft
* Kultur-Vereine und Netzwerke

Alle eingelangten Konzepte werden im Internet ausgestellt.

30 Konzepte werden in dem Printfolder "re|sonance|network|futures 005"
veroeffentlicht. ( Aufgrund von Ressourcen-Knappheit koennen wir leider
nicht, wie urspruenglich geplant, alle Projekte abdrucken. ) Die
Ermittlung der 30 erfolgt mittels elektronischer Umfrage.

Von den eingelangten Projektkonzepten werden:
* vier Konzepte zur persoehnlichen Projektpraesentation bei "The future
of |sonance|network|" via Internet-Umfrage ausgewaehlt.

Submission Details:

Bei Teilnahme bitten wir euch:
         bis 22. November 2005:
* ein email an die Adresse: resonance005 at lists.sonance.net zu senden
         bis 22. November 2005:
* das Arbeitskonzept in die online-Datenbank einzutragen unter:
http://resonance005.sonance.net/ (Information siehe Homepage)
          bis 30. November 2005:
* die druckfertig gelayouteten Arbeitskonzepte an
resonance005 at lists.sonance.net zu schicken

Falls ihr Interesse habt, euer Projektkonzept zu praesentieren, dann
sendet bitte bis
22. November 2005 ein email mit dem Projektnamen, dem Titelbild und den
Kurzbeschreibungen der Projektbeteiligten (3 ca. Zeilen/Saetze) an die
Adresse: resonance005 at lists.sonance.net. Außerdem seid ihr
aufgefordert, eure Arbeiten in eine online-Datenbank einzutragen, denn
alle eingesandten Konzepte werden im Internet zur Auswahl gestellt. Von
diesen Projektkonzepten werden per offener Internetumfrage von 22.
November bis 1. Dezember 2005 vier ausgewaehlt, welche beim Workshop
"The future of |sonance|network|" zur Praesentation kommen.
Hinweis: Da dieser Call international verbreitet wird, ist es von
Vorteil eure Projekte in Englisch darzustellen. Prinzipiell soll aber
jeder in der Sprache seiner Wahl veroeffentlichen.

Das Auswahlverfahren fuer die Projektpraesentationen

Von den im Internet ausgestellten Projektkonzepten werden durch eine
Internetumfrage vom 22. November bis 1. Dezember vier Arbeiten zur
persoehnlichen Praesentation und weitere 26 fuer den Printfolder
ausgewaehlt. Die Individuen hinter den vier Projekten sollen diese bei
der resonance005 in einer 30-minütigen Präsentation vor- und zur
Diskusssion stellen.

Der Zugang zur Umfrage ist fuer ALLE Interessierten offen. Die
Projektkonzepte werden bei dem Auswahlverfahren im Internet ohne den
Namen der Produzierenden ausgestellt, um das Augenmerk auf das Projekt
selbst zu lenken. Anhand der Umfrage werden nicht die "besten" Arbeiten
ermittelt, vielmehr es geht darum, dass gemeinsame Interessens und
Themenschwerpunkte der ProduzentInnen-Gemeinschaften sichtbar werden.

Details zum Katalog (A5, Querformat)
(1. Auflage 200 Stueck, 48 Seiten farbig)

Der Katalog wird folgende Informationen enthalten.
* Ein Epliog von Franz Xaver / medien.kunstlabor Graz
* Ein Ausblick die Zukunft von sonance.artistic.network
* Die Geschichte von 5 Jahren |sonance|network|
* Eine detaillierte Projektsammlung von 30 Kunstlern ( 2 Seite pro
Projekt )
* Eine Liste aller ( ca. 300 ) |sonance|network| BenutzerInnen und
deren Webseiten
* Ein Imprint / Impressum
* Sponsoren / UnterstuetzerInnen Informationen und Logos

* 30 von euren eingereichten Projektkonzepte werden darin abgedruckt.
* Bei der Veranstaltung wird der Katalog aufliegen und verbreitet.
* Jeder der Einreicht bekommt eine Kopie des Katalogs.

Pro Arbeit stehen euch 2 Seiten zur Verfuegung
* Ein 7 cm breiter Bereich am Rechten Rand jeder Doppelseite wird durch
die Redaktion einheitlich gestaltet mit
     - dem Namen des Projekts
     - den Namen der Projektbeteiligten
     - der Homepageadresse des Projekts und den Emailadressen der
Beteiligten
Wir bitten auch um ein von euch gestalteten Titelbild oder einer Grafik
(Groesse: 4x6 cm im Querformat; 300dpi CMYK).
* Die zwei Content-Seiten koennt ihr frei gestalten (eine A5
"Doppelseite, quer" minus dem 7 cm Rand auf der rechten Seite.)

  Schickt bis spaetestens 30. November 2005 die zwei layoutierten
Content-Seiten als 300 DPI PDF an die Adresse:
resonance005 at lists.sonance.net. Sie sollten neben dem Konzepttext auch
kurze Personenbeschreibungen der Projektbeteiligten beinhalten.

Following Up

* Es wird eine Internetpublikation zur Diskursveranstaltung "The future
of |sonance|network|" auf der resonance005 homepage geben.

http://resonance005.sonance.net

* Es werden zyklische Gespraechsrunden ins Leben gerufen.

Das |sonance|network|veranstaltungsteam freut sich auf zahlreiche
Projektkonzepte, eine spannende Umfrage im Internet und einen netten
Abend.

euer|sonance|artistic|network|resonance005-team