[cdp] distort-repeat fails with 24bit file

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Nov 23 21:49:28 CET 2020

Dear list, Richard,

thanks for looking into this problem, this is appreciated by me and our
students a lot!

More infos on the soundfile that makes
 distort repeat in.wav out.wav 2
fail with error
 ERROR: CANNOT ACHIEVE TASK:
 ERROR: cycle_search exceeds buffer size
follows.

The file that causes this has the following properties reported by the
linux command line program sndfile-info:
	$ sndfile-info gp.wav
	File : gp.wav
	Length : 35927204
	RIFF : 35927196
	WAVE
	fmt  : 16
  	  Format        : 0x1 => WAVE_FORMAT_PCM
  	  Channels      : 1
  	  Sample Rate   : 44100
  	  Block Align   : 3
  	  Bit Width     : 24
  	  Bytes/sec     : 132300
	bext : 602
	*** junk : 74 (unknown marker)
	*** 'data' chunk should be an even number of bytes in length.
	data : 35926467
	End

sfprops reports the following:
	$ sfprops gp.wav
	Properties of /tmp/gp.wav:
	File type:  soundfile
	Format         :  Standard WAVE format
	Sample Rate    :  44100
	Channels       :  1
	Sample Frames  :  11975489
	sample type:   :  24bit (packed)
	duration       :  271.5530 secs
	no peak data in this infile

So I am not sure if this represents a file in WAVEX format as assumed.
Let me know if you want to receive a copy of this file off-list.

cheers, Peter

* Peter P. <peterparker at fastmail.com> [2020-11-22 22:35]: