[cdp] distort repeat fails with error "cycleslen exceeds bufferlen"

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:54:30 CEST 2020

Dear list,

I am trying to run the following command on the attached 17 seconds
16bit mono soundfile
 distort repeat repeatMeFails.wav repeatMeFailsOut.wav 2
but it fails at the end of the calculation throwing
 ERROR: CANNOT ACHIEVE TASK:
 ERROR: cycleslen exceeds bufferlen 9.002698 secs

Another file with the same file format and header but a different length
works though:
 distort repeat repeatMeWorks.wav repeatMeWorksOut.wav 2

Both have the same specs:
$sfprops repeatMeFails.wav
Properties of /tmp/repeatMeFails.wav:
File type:  soundfile
Format         :  Standard WAVE format
Sample Rate    :  44100
Channels       :  1
Sample Frames  :  761395
sample type:   :  16-bit
duration       :  17.2652 secs
no peak data in this infile

$ cdp_sfprops repeatMeWorks.wav
Properties of /tmp/repeatMeWorks.wav:
File type:  soundfile
Format         :  Standard WAVE format
Sample Rate    :  44100
Channels       :  1
Sample Frames  :  874292
sample type:   :  16-bit
duration       :  19.8252 secs
no peak data in this infile

Both files are available for testing on other computers here for the next 45 days:
repeatMeWorks.wav (1.67 MB)
https://covid19.framadrop.org/r/BSc_EXxcZd#0NluHRJAElKKcCBoEwycqyKMjAK86p/twe6J+8yZVUU=
repeatMeFails.wav (1.45 MB)
https://covid19.framadrop.org/r/hTG6gocfg0#MBFF52TXOqDDrw3foYAwumT8opYJ17IvmWhcMKV272g=

I don't understand the error message nor why it fails. Does anyone
have an idea? I am looking forward to any replies via this list address
(cdp at lists.mur.at). Thanks!

Peter