[sat] [andreas.hornig at aerospaceresearch.net: [HGG / Constellation] Please vote for our "Distributed Ground Station Network" project on ESNC 2012 Audience Award]

Reni Hofmueller reni at mur.at
Mon Nov 12 08:50:45 CET 2012

guten morgen!

grad gesehn, und zugegebenermasssen noch nicht wirklich gelesen :)
ich denk aber, es könnte für mehrere hier interessant sein.

lg
reni

----- Forwarded message from Andreas Hornig <andreas.hornig at aerospaceresearch.net> -----

From: Andreas Hornig <andreas.hornig at aerospaceresearch.net>
To: RF based World Domination <constellation at lists.shackspace.de>
Subject: [HGG / Constellation] Please vote for our "Distributed Ground Station Network" project on ESNC 2012 Audience Award
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:42:21 +0100
Sender: constellation-bounces at lists.shackspace.de

Hello everyone, I need your combined help :).

please vote for our "Distributed Ground Station Network - a global system
for tracking and communication with small satellites as an open service" at
the European Satellite Navigation Challenge ESNC 2012 audience award on
http://www.galileo-masters.eu/index.php?kat=audience-award.html&anzeige=audience-award.html
It's easy: go there, login, search for "DGSN" and vote +1 for us! :)
The poll is open until 15 November.

We really hope you, the audience, like our small but important community
project, and you could help us to realize it! It would be a real pity if a
community project couldn't get a community award .Just read the project
description then you know why, but please immediately go there and vote.

Thank you!

"The Distributed Ground Station Network (DGSN) benefits everyone by
allowing virtually anyone to participate in space progammes without even
leaving Earth.

You can be a part of a global network of ground stations connected to your
PC and one another via the internet to receive beacon signals and even real
science data from satellites. By participating, you can help small
satellite missions to increase their Earth coverage and give them the
opportunity to gain an almost permanent connection from the satellites to
mission control centers. Normally, this is done with a few main ground
terminals with limited satellite visibility in the sky and a very limited
budget.

The DGSN has the potential to provide communication links to small
missions; facilitate tracking of small satellites; offer important
positioning data to satellite owners; and serve as an additional, faster
alternative source to existing agencies and private services.

The DGSN can bring a small but important component of space missions
directly to people, and in return, people will benefit from direct and
indirect mission results or the further purposes of the DGSN. When you are
able to track satellite beacons, you can also track other flying objects
with on-board beacons; even a skier on a snow-covered mountain who is
wearing a jacket with a built-in beacon could be tracked in case of an
avalanche, where every last position can help safe lives."

For further details or even participation, feel free to contact us or visit
www.hgg.aero

Best regards,

Andreas Hornig