[sat] fwd: Call for Entries - New Technological Art Award Foundation Liedts-Meesen 2012

Reni Hofmueller reni at mur.at
Sun Nov 13 11:35:00 CET 2011

hallo!

ist ja für alle möglichen projekte interessant, und ev. finden wir im
worklab im dezember auch zeit, da mal drüber zu hirnen ...

ah ja, worklab - schreib ich jetzt dann endlich mal zusammen
lg
reni

--------------------------------------

Call for Entries – New Technological Art Award Foundation Liedts-Meesen 2012
Update_4
15 September–18 of November 2012
Zebrastraat Gent
Zebrastraat 32/001
9000 Gent
Belgium
www.ntaa.be
www.newtechnologicalartaward.be

After update_1 in 2006, with as curator Jean-Marie Dallet, professor
and researcher linked to ÉESI, responsible of the laboratory of the
école d'art Figures de l'interactivité, Angoulême-Poitiers, France,
followed by update_2 in collaboration with the ZKM, Zentrum für Kunst
und Medientechnologie in Karlsruhe and with as curator Peter Weibel,
Director of the ZKM, and finally update_3, in collaboration with the
Centre Pompidou, Service Nouveaux Médias and as curator Christine Van
Assche, guardian of the Centre Pompidou, we are determined to continue
this series with update_4, to be held from 15th September till 18th of
November 2012.

We want to put some new accents in update_4. Previously, the
exhibitions were combined with the New Technological Art Award
Liedts-Meesen, which enjoyed a growing interest from the part of the
artists and the public.

For this reason, we want to increase the importance of this contest
by taking the following measures:

• New and adapted rules, which are stricter, and will focus more
specifically on the artistic contribution of the new technologies,
• The number of nominees who will have the opportunity to show
their works of art during update_4 will pass from 10 to 20,
• Finally, the works will be presented at three sites: Zebrastraat
in Ghent, La Cambre in Brussels ( for works to be shown in the open
air), and iMAL, also in Brussels

As previously, the nominees will be selected by a professional jury,
which will also award the final price of 5000 EUR; besides this, there
will also be a price from the audience.

The second part of the event consists of an exhibition of renowned
artists in the field of New Technological Art. Only two or three works
will be presented at each site.

To these two activities will be added a third one, namely the
organization of a three days colloquium on new tendencies in
contemporary art. We will invite a number of artists and personalities
from all over the world, who would discuss during the day certain
topics related to this art movement. The conclusions of their
discussions and the texts of their papers will be published in the
form of a reference book, replacing the previously published
catalogues.

As you can see, we evolve from the concept of an exhibition combined
with a contest, towards an event combining exhibition, contest and
colloquium, yielding a reference book.