[sat] Transmittance #1.5, Frozen Images

Reni Hofmueller reni at mur.at
Fri Aug 26 09:32:35 CEST 2011

hi!

und hier noch eine konkrete einbindung von mursat in ein
online-performance setup in ljubljana, von maja delak und luka princic
live heute abend.

lg
reni

Dear friends,

We are happy to announce another edition of *Transmittance* that is
scheduled to happen this friday 26th August 2011 at 9pm CET. We (Maja
Delak and Luka Prinčič) will collaborate with *ESC Gallery* in Graz,
Austria with Transmittance data streaming research.

On 23rd August we visited ESC gallery in Graz, where we participated in
a workshop connected to the project Mur.sat.

Basicaly, the project mur.sat is about launching a nano-satellite in a
low earth orbit for 3-6, which should happen in spring 2012. In the
meantime a lot of satellite listening&tracking and other research is
happening. (http://sat.mur.at)

For our Transmittance #1.5 project phase we will use software for
predicting movements and positions of satellites that uses daily updates
about actual objects in earth orbit from NORAD. This data is combined
with the idea of an ‘atmosphere/ambience’ – long durational scene,
where performer’s body accumulatively interacts with a generative a/v
system. As usually with Transmittance, the performance will be streamed
and available online in realtime. Audience is welcome to actively
engage with it through a chat system. Live online interface will be
available at http://transmittance.si/ on friday 21:00 CET (check your
timezone: http://tinyurl.com/4x6qkbw)

about Transmittance:
Transmittance explores collaboration which is local, global, networked
and broadcasted. It involves an artistic group of performers, visual
artists, musicians and computer programmers to research performative
possibilities of streaming, broadcasting and telepresence forging new
types of performance and audience. With focus on critical and
socially-aware artistic languages this work is based on asking
questions about body, self and society - opening non-dualistic
perspectives. More here: http://wndv.si/w/Projects/Transmittance

*Wanda & Nova deViator: Frozen Images*
@ Palach, Zoom festival, Rijeka, Croatia
31/aug 2011 - 22:00 CET

Next week we play another re-run of multimedia concert *Frozen Images*
at the seaside region of Croatia. In Rijeka we will play at the *Zoom
festival* organized by *Drugo more*. If you are in the region we welcome
you in attendance. http://www.drugo-more.hr/

About Frozen Images
The process of freezing is a break between movements. As such, the
structure of the concert, perforated with suspensions – breaks between
points, is an emergence of a performance of frozen images, full of
texts, contemporary electronic rhythms, exasperated guitars, noisy
oscillations, and hypnotic bass lines. Along with the performers’
actions, tactile interfaces, and moving pictures, the performance
raises questions about hypersexualisation and pornification,
fetishisation in consumerism, mechanisms of the image and visual
culture, idealisation of love, and the meaning of art and culture.
Movement, text, and frozen images open up in their primary way
precisely based on contemporary organised noise. The music,
ambivalently contextualised through the video image and movement,
stretches out to the body and its vibration, rational and affective.
Frozen images get broken by the vibration of the word and the moving of
the actual flesh/body in all its resistance.

audio/video/more: http://wndv.si/w/Projects/FrozenImages

--
Wanda & Nova deViator <wndv at wndv.si>