[IP-SFS] Re: Changes to IP over Semaphore Signals for April 1

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Wed Mar 28 20:55:58 CEST 2007

Hi. I am trying to understand your spec (it SHOULD make technical
sense!).  I don't understand
how the receiver knows the data length in one IP-SFS frame!?  Frame Hi and
Frame Lo are
frame numbers, not frame length, right?

As I understand it, the MTU for IP-SFS is (510/2+ 4) * 255 = 66045 octets,
right?  The max size of one
frame is 510/2 octets of data plus 4 octets of header and trailer, while
the maximum number
of frames is 255.

Each datagram is sent as one session, right?

Please respond quickly!!

Bob Braden