[Grml] Re: Sugestion - zsh logout

Ulrich Dangel schula at grml.org
Sun Nov 26 04:39:11 CET 2006

* Mark wrote [26.11.06 04:28]:
> > Small suggestion :
> > in the /etc/zsh/logout I added the small word
> >
> > "reset"
> >
> > which automatically leaves a clean console when logging out.
> > I like that and nobody nosing around. also security concern.

clear should be the right way, because reset resets also the terminal
settings, which may be not that what you want to have.

> We second the idea.  (Maybe diskwipe the zsh history?)

Why dont just set SAVEHIST to zero or set HISTFILE to /dev/zero.

> Very appropriate for mobile USB devices that change hands (or get
> lost!).

Hm, i dont know whats the problem with the history of commands you used,
but why you dont just encrypt $HOME, or $TMP or whatever you need? This
would also the right way if you think about mobile devices which could
get lost and private data could leak.

> M.

Uli
--
WARNING: RAID-6 is currently highly experimental. If you use it, there is
no guarantee whatsoever that it won't destroy your data, eat your disk drives,