+comunity+ open call

ursprung ursprung at mur.at
Fr Aug 9 04:05:45 CEST 2013

liebe comunity,

hier ein call von Shu Lea Cheang ­ in der Hoffnung auf Interesse:

As part of ARS ELECTRONICA NIGHTLINE 2013 presented by CAFE STROM &
STADTWERKSTATT,
http://www.stwst.at/index.php?m=2&sm=0&pid=258
UKI viral performance invites your participation.

Below is open call for noise coders -

UKI, a viral performance (70:00)
LIVE CODE LIVE SPAN
http://www.u-k-i.co/

U.K.I. live performance invites local (Graz/Linz/Austria based) and Ars
Electronica participants of noise sound /free software genre to join us on a
LIVE CODE LIVE SPAM viral trip!!!  As a sequel to Shu Lea Cheang's cyberpunk
cult movie I.K.U. ,  the replicants of U.K.I. trade sex for codes, code
sexing code in noise blast out, a virus is born and multiplied to eventually
infect a city and take over the BioNet.

We invite noise coders to plug in with own laptops/devices.
Join us on a 70 minute non-stop hyper-jam session and set Linz under UKI
viral attack!

To join, please write to
now at u-k-i.co
with your website and online sample work

UKI (since 2009) has performed in
Piksel festival (Bergen, Norway) - [piksel.no]
La Générale en Manufacture (Sèvres, France) - [lagenerale.org]
Live performers' meeting (Rome, Italy) - [liveperformersmeeting.net]
MEM festival (Bilbao, Spain) - [musicaexmachina.com]
Porn film festival (Berlin, Germany) - [pornfilmfestivalberlin.de]
Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía (Madrid, Spain)-
[museoreinasofia.es]
Electropixel festival (Nantes, France) - [electropixel.org]
*An Eye for Ear festival at N.K. projekts in Berlin - [www.nkprojekt.de]

UKI - a viral performance/viral game
Shu Lea Cheang & Co.
http://www.u-k-i.co/
http://www.u-k-i.co/pdf/UKI-liveperformance-specs.pdf
a viral performance documentation clip (5:00)
https://vimeo.com/37978993
Stadtwerkstatt open call clip (00:30)
https://vimeo.com/70169976
Many thanks,