[Admins] Blocked ports UDP/123, UDP/623

Jogi Hofmüller jogi at mur.at
Fr Nov 27 16:06:02 CET 2015

Dear all,

I have a bad feeling since my last email did not result in any more
discussion of the topic at hand.  We just talked about it right now and
decided to go with Christian's proposal.

Am 2015-11-25 um 00:51 schrieb Christian Pointner:

> I'm also not a big fan of generally blocking NTP. How about blacklists
> and not whitelists? If it is really just some stubborn admins just
> blocking them might do it?

That's what we will be doing from now on (just have to adjust the rules
on our router).

Maybe I am too paranoid when it comes to DDoS and these things but I
guess paranoia is one of the things one catches when one spends too much
time as an admin :)

Cheers,
--
J.Hofmüller